Access to Independence (ATI) is committed to accessibility for everyone and everyplace. Having true “access to independence” requires that an individual have access to getting in and out of their home, be able to move from room to room, and to sit on their porch to enjoy their surroundings.
ATI established its accessibility construction services (home modifications) program in 2006 to provide a comprehensive source of consultation, design, planning, construction, and project management services to meet the unique needs and specialized requirements of our individual clients, families, and businesses.
ATI Accessibility Construction Services Brochure
Types of Consumers:
- Planning a home remodel?
- Having difficulty with daily activities?
- Experiencing reduced independence?
- Concerned for the safety of a parent?
- History of falls? / Fear of falls?
- Having difficulty caring for a loved one?
- Discharge from hospital or nursing home?
Types of Projects:
- Wheelchair ramps and lifts
- Accessible porches / decks
- Handrails expanded doorways
- Roll-in showers w/ grab bars
- Bathtub grab bars and seats
- Kitchen modifications
- Relocation of bedroom
- Mods for visually / hearing impaired
- Accessible storage space
Types of Services:
- Accessibility Assessment & Evaluation
- ADA Compliance Consultation
- Project Planning / Management
- Project Specifications
- Drafting Services
- Project Cost Estimates
- Construction Management
- Contractor Negotiations
- Inspections & Permits
- Funding Sources Assistance